Facing stringent permit limits and aging facilities, the City needed to upgrade and expand their existing wastewater treatment plant, which was originally built in 1914.
Plant-wide improvements were made to extend the life of the facility and improve the treatment performance for phosphorus and mercury removal. Existing structures were reused or repurposed when possible and aging equipment was removed or replaced.
Virginia Wastewater Treatment Facility Improvements
City of Virginia